Join KSSL Sports tonight for Slaton Tiger Football @ the Floydada Whirlwinds. The action starts at 6:30pm with Coaches Corner. Then the ballgame with Bill & Bob, followed by all the scores across the South Plains with Mike Roden & Nick Long – Friday Night Live! Click Here to Listen
* 20th-ranked Tech SoccerRed Raiders Soccer will host SEC Georgia in their 2015 home opener today @ the John Walker.
* Tech’s Tennis, Felipe Soares will compete in the inaugural Oracle/ITA Masters Tournament.
* Tech football offered a scholarship to three-star running back Kennedy the No. 24 ranked running back in the nation.
* Pearland, Texas beat Bonita, California 9-7. Pearland nabbed a berth in U.S. championship game at the Little League World Series.
* Texas Rangers beat the Toronto Blue Jays 4-1 ThursdayBlue Jays take series 2-1. Start 1/3 hosting Orioles 7:05pm.
* Astros were off Thursday. Start 1/3 @ Twins tonight 7:10pm.
Join “Mark Allen” Meurer weekday mornings for Sports on KSSL 107.3 & 94.1 and Mobile App, Contact: email@example.com Cell/Text 806.789.8456
by Coach Klafka
*This Friday the 28th the Varsity Football team will be traveling to Floydada to play @ 7:30/ the JV will be at home Thursday v Floydada @ 6:30.
*First Pep Rally is next week Friday the 4th…..for all of you who are planners & ocd, such as myself, the theme per Mrs. Sherrill will be Throwback. Please support cheer/football in this. Pride in participation & involvement is something we are stressing w/High School student body and really would like to see it grow across the Slaton Family.
*Another important date to mark on your calendars will be the October 23rd game v Brownfield will be designated as a “Pink Out” for breast cancer awareness. Jacinda Langen & the Jr. Class will be selling T-Shirts as a fundraiser.
* Kingsbury still will not announce starting QB.
* Tech’s Corian Duffield, men’s high jump, @ at the IAAF World Championships Qualifier today in Beijing, China.
* Tech’s men’s basketball will face Arkansas @ ESPN Big 12/SEC Challenge Jan. 30.
* Toronto Blue Jays beat Texas Rangers 12-4 last night. Blue Jays lead 2-0. Game 3/3 today 1:05pm. Rangers host Orioles Fri.
* Houston Astros beat New York Yankees 6-2 Wednesday. Astros take series 2-1. Astros off today. Start 1/3 @ Twins Friday.
* Thurs Night HS Varsity Football: Sundown vs Wheeler; Lbk High vs Sweetwater @ The Lowery.